Search This Blog

Saturday 27 July 2013

Triumph Tiger Kaoko Cruise Control and other bits

Just some updates:

  1. I found on the Adelaide trip that my throttle wrist was sore after the 800-900km days so I looked into a cruise control device. 
  2. There are also update comments on: 
    1. extending the chain guard and 
    2. the loose Caribou case hinges.

Kaoko Cruise Control

I decided on the Kaoko Cruise Control Kit: Tig100 & TigXC (for Tiger 800 and XC with or without OEM Handguards). I bought it online from Cruising Bikers delivered to the door for AUD$138.45. It seems a lot for what is basically a threaded piece of alloy with a plastic nut on it that wedges itself onto the end of the throttle to hold it in place.
I am yet to give it a real test but the fitting of it meant that I had to slightly adjust the right-hand side Barkbuster to fit a little better.

Kaoko Cruise Control fitted

Brake hydraulic clears the BarkBuster bolts by 3mm.

Chain Guard

The original chain guard is way too short at the rear allowing chain lube to be flung off on the back wheel and rear mudguard. I had some fairly rigid black plastic in the shed (its actually left over from putting a set of Rola Roof Bars on the car) which was easily shaped and riveted onto the original guard to lengthen it. It works very well.

Longer chain guard shaped from spare plastic

This length seemed about right.

Caribou Case Hinges

As I wrote about in an earlier post, the hinge pins on the Caribou case panniers work themselves loose even just riding along smooth bitumen. To fix this, I partially punched them out about 100mm, dosed them in ThreadLock and then pushed them back in again. This seems to have solved the problem.


No comments: