Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 November 2008

Bicycles and Motorcycles

After having got hold of some new Trek 6500's to replace our Racelines which are now pounding the bitumen in Italy, I traded my Suzuki DR650K7 in at Procycles at Hornsby on a new V-Strom Suzuki DL650 at the end of October. It came with a Ventura rack onto which I sit my Gearsack bag - I find the Ventura ones oddly shaped and leaky.
I also got a centre stand and handguards fitted at pickup - pretty expensive OEM bits with about $450 for the stand and over $200 for the guards!
It is a dream to ride - very smooth and solid handling. I am little concerned that the speedo is a bit optimistic eg. it reads fast and the odometer is inaccurate to the tune of about 2 kms in every hundred!
I took it back to Procycles for its first service ($291.00) for what was basically an oil and filter change - I could probably do it myself next time.
I have just today ordered some Hepco & Becker panniers today from www.motorcycleadventure.com.au - about $1079 delivered. I looked into the Caribou cases but they have no dealer in Australia unfortunately. They looked very good - check them at www.cariboucases.com - but at the current exchange rate they would have cost about $1600 and take a few weeks.
I will post some pictures once I get the panniers and start to fit them.

No comments: